About 2 years ago I was a few days shy of a much anticipated overseas trip. We were traveling thousands of mile away, and in typical fashion I was uneasy about leaving my house with no one watching over it. I was looking for that little extra peace of mind.
I've previously heard about Ring as I'd seen it on SharkTank and had some friends who owned one, but I had not yet been prepared to drop the high price of $180 (that was the price back then).
About 48 hours before my flight, I took the plunge. I quickly Prime'd-Now (is that a verb now?) my new Ring Video Doorbell, charged it up and installed on my door. Installation took less then 10 minutes - and I am not handy at all.
I had a wonderful trip. I must've checked the Ring Video Doorbell fifty times, but I had the peace of mind I very much needed.
What's so great about the Ring Video Doorbell?
For starters, in this ever increasing world of daily deliveries and amazon pirates (definition: squatters stealing packages post-delivery) you never know who that really is at the door. With RING, I was able to watch & talk to the person on the side of the door from anywhere in the world!
Here are some of the great features the Ring Video Doorbell offers:
- Automated motion sensor alerts (can be customized for frequency and sensitivity)
- Night Vision: Works in the dark!
- No hard wiring needed (it will require a charge every 3 months or so)
- Connects to Alexa to announce on your Echo device (more about the ECHO here)
- Includes Lifetime Theft Protection: Never worry about your device being stolen
- You can also sign up to Ring Protect Plus or Basic to save your videos
As a customer of Ring for about 2 years, I highly recommend in investing in a Ring Video Doorbell.
Disclaimer: This review is the editors sole opinion. Mostlycoupons.com may receive a small portion of commission from the sale if you buy through the links above. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.