Talk about the most durable, toughest, and high-tech watches, and the first name that comes to mind is Casio G-Shock watch. You will find an exciting and innovative range of Casio watches for men and women both.
While there are many watches to pick one from, Casio G-Shock watches have their mini world. The shock-resistant watches that were once a dream continue to be the top digital and analog-digital watches in the industry. From military to law enforcement personnel, surfers to outdoor enthusiasts, Casio G-Shock are the first choice of many around the world.
Since 1983, Casio G-Shock has introduced many models with amazing features. It is not surprising that Casio calls it “the toughest watch of all time.” Whether you go for a class G-shock model that usually costs less than $50 or a triple-sensor model with advanced features, the quality remains the same. All Casio G-shock watches have high resistance against:
- Electric shock
- Low temperature
Besides, all G-shocks have a Countdown Timer, Stopwatch, 12-Hour and 24-Hour time modes, five alarms, an Electric Backlight, and Auto-Calendar. For their mechanical shock and vibration resistance, G-shocks are ideal for athletes or any sports enthusiast.
Each G-shock watch is packed using advanced Casio technologies. Safe packaging practices ensure the protection of internal components from direct shock. All G-shock models are either digital or hybrid – a combination of analog and digital.
Let’s have a look at the distinct features of Casio G-Shock Watches that make it a “bang for the buck” watch.
- Tough Solar or Solar Rechargeable battery: the batteries in G-shocks can last for nine months without any light exposure. The Daylight is enough, and the battery does not require direct sun exposure for charging. The unbelievable battery may last from 2 to 10 years.
- Triple Sensor: the most advanced feature that gives you instant access to the digital compass as well as:
- Thermometer –for measuring air temperature
- Barometer – for measuring air pressure
- Altimeter – for measuring the height from sea level
- Twin Sensor: These models provide access to Digital Compass and Thermometer only (Mudman G-9300 is a Twin Sensor model that is relatively affordable).
- World Time: This feature includes 31 time zones and 48 cities. So, you can select different time zones as per your location. Also, with the dual time feature, you can monitor two different time zones simultaneously.
- Multi-Band 6 Atomic Time Sync: This smart feature enables your G-Shock to set its own time.
- The G-shocks with reverse LCD displays are difficult to see in low light conditions.
- Some of the G-shock models come in bulk casing, such as the GD400MB-1. The case makes the watch bigger than the standard size and may not look good on your wrist.
- G-shock watches are designed for people with large wrists, and the size may not appeal to people with small wrists.
- Some G-shocks don’t have solar batteries.
- Some models have smaller screens, like G-Shock GA-100, that reduce the visibility in darkness.
- The Negative display is difficult to see at times.
The price of Casio G-Shock watches depends on the in-built features and specs. If you want to have a g-shock in your collection, but your budget is low, go for the classic models. You can get some cool watches for less including, the DW5600, DW6900, and DW9052. However, if you are a tech-lover, then do some savings to buy the Triple-Sensor models.
Disclaimer: This review is the editors sole opinion. Mostlycoupons.com may receive a small portion of commission from the sale if you buy through the links above. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.